Thursday, June 11, 2009

Open my eyes to see, the many blessings You have showered upon me.

I was never really a study-study kinda student when I was younger. I don't remember studying or revising for my primary school work. Except for the very vivid memory of my really poor science results since Primary 4, when my teacher made us write down explanations for MCQ why the choices were or were not the answer. Imagine... 30questions x 4 choices= 120 explanations. When I scored my first 70 for science in Primary 6, I went to find my p5 teacher happily to tell her because she was one of my favourites. The next test result, it went back to my usual 50-60.

I dont really know what spurred me to do better in Secondary 2. Perhaps because in Sec1, some guys apparently were ranked before me. Haha. Or maybe it was the sudden competitiveness to get full marks for math in Sec2. But I know one thing. I was very far away from God then, but yet He chose to bless me with outstanding results.

Perhaps from then, sometimes we become quite competitive in studies but yet still really close friends who help one another. One thing which I have always been grateful for. When I returned back to my church and spiritually I grew, I began to understand that such competitiveness can be killing. Half the time, I told myself not to compare, another half I try to keep myself sane with the sustinence of His word and comfort. I won't say that I've done well in managing my stress level and emotions then, but I do know at least I tried.

Coming to JC is yet another hurdle which I have to overcome. I have to admit that I've been holding the defeated mentality. I pray that God will help me to change my mindset, to be able to manage my commitments and continue to be blessed with good results. This I ask in Jesus' name, amen! (=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home