Sunday, March 14, 2010

My foot's aching. And I really don't know why. But I guess it's good reason to get a new comfy pair of shoes. :D (Oh man like the Adidas casual which Jassy and I were eyeing on. But we figured the padding won't last for long. Smart consumers. (: )

I finished reading splendid suns. (: But everytime after reading this kinda lit, my mind will really fly away, dreamy and tired from the reading marathon. Splendid suns is on Afghanistan and it really helps you to learn a little about their culture there. For example, some females are made by their husbands to wear the burqa, which I think most Singaporean girls will really find it hard to survive wearing. I checked on the net, it's really like literally wrapping yourself from head to toe. Interesting.

Am quite worn out from the week. Thank God for always replenishing strength! (:

I forgot to blog about A levels. I think I was more concerned about both results and how I would react. I got a CCC/A. So I suppose I feel like I'm hanging in the mid-air. Not very good, not very bad. I was thankful for Econs and Geog because I really thought I would do quite badly for it. History was sad-- I put in much effort into it. As for Math, I think I can accept the result since I had been more concerned about my Humanities. Most importantly, I thank God for my results. It's an act of my will to say, "God I trust You. For whatever the results, I know Your plans for me is good." However, I was still upset, almost ashamed to share my results. I spent one noon pouring my heart out to Him--how much I want to thank Him and yet still have this funny feeling. He helped me to see that my worth is really not found in my results. Because I had been convinced that my results= me. But not so to God. For that, I thank Him too. (: Such lessons/convictions can't be bought. We really need Him to help us out of all the negative thoughts we have of ourselves and of our circumstances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home