Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Im back from Taman Negara! And am offically 16! =D Sweet sixteen, they say. Yup it was, cause I spent half of my day sleeping. (:

Reflection of this camp

I feel that we have so much teamwork throughout the whole camp. All the sandcastle building, protecting it and Dudley having to sacrifice his butt and face. =D And also the trekking. I still can remember Priscilla hopping up the 'root steps' on the 2nd day. But on the third day, this was unimaginable to do so, cause of MUD. (:
We had a great treat from the forest, the mud was all over our legs (esp for those who fell and played), the waterfalls provided cool 'jacuzzi' and we colored each others' faces and dyed each other's hair using the rocks there!
How to do that:
(1) Get a big rock and a small pebble
(2) Rub the pebble on the rock surface and colour will form
(3) Use your hand and get a little of the colour then you can start art lesson! =D
We also crawled through this cave that was really cool. I've never imagined a cave needed to be crawled into. And when he said we had to climb, I thought there would be those tarzan strings for us to climb. Haha. It turned out that the place was still moist from the rain. There were the nice bats which looked like they are upside down and staring at us. I wouldnt have imagined getting out of the cave w/o the trainers' pull at the end of the cave.
There were other stuffs like rapid shooting (going thr rapids and we splashed water at each other) and eating on floating restaurant with lots of flies.

Not much to say about activities already. Of course this trip was more vigourous compared to Cameron Highlands trip we had last year. Cameron was all about walking here and there to see, sleeping in nice resorts and hotel. Well, both had its fun. Thank God that we didnt missed the train despite the coach's hickup. You should have seen the taxis that streamed into the school for replacement. And I learnt to appreciate alot about Singapore this time, I have no idea why. But I dont think Im going to grumble about S'pore's weather, late air-con buses and food for the next few days. Hopefully, never again. Haha. Thanks to those ppl who sang Happy Birthday to me thrice at different locations. Haha. It meant thrice the blessings that God has given me, and more to come.

God has really taught me during this trip about contentment. We like to flare up at the slightest irritating, hurtful things that people do and never looked at their good. If we had, our anger would have subsided. At certain times we feel that people around us should have done this and that for us, but have we done these for them. It doesnt matter if I did and got no return, God sees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home