Monday, December 31, 2007

keep it up

Thank God for this year. I think that last Saturday was really great. The youths did a lot on thinking back on 2007 and how God helped us. Once I started to think back, I felt very blessed. God is really great. He has pulled me through so many things lar! Things that I would not have done but I know He wants to train me for stronger faith.

The main highlights.
1) Debate
I wasn't in debate team until when crystal and jm suggested to Mr Lim. We had our very first trainer. Thank God for placing me in debate. It was really fun to be in there and I really love thought-provoking issues. E.g. Small little things like cartoon can actually be a negative influence to kids! Debate definitely was an 'opening' to show me I need to train to have confidence.
2) Choir SYF
Mr Liew taught us stuff like having eagles' mentality. About having passion in the things we do. I realised that those two lessons alone are what we should be having as we walk on with God and in life.
3) MYE
Grandma's death was really sudden to me. It happened the day before physics paper and studies meant a lot to me then. I remember having to do those funeral stuff in the middle of the night when I knew in my mind, "Cham, I still have 21 chapters of physics to go". God gave me a verse, "Be still and know that I am God." I thought He meant I needed rest, so I went to sleep for an hour. Haha. But now I know He meant that He can calm the storm in my heart and provide me with peace. But that verse really touched me. God knew what I was going through and what I really needed. And I did rather well for Physics even though my trust in Him wasn't that much then. So it was really by the grace of God.
4) Prelims and O levels
There were some things that happen but they helped me not to be nervous about Prelims. I learnt more about God's faithfulness and love through those things too. I did rather well due to the less stress environment. I think I really less-stressed myself. (: Mostly because I've learnt to put God as my purpose for studying hard. In the past it was all because of the competitive feeling that drives me to going crazy. I'll just continue to learn to have more faith in God for O Level results.
5) THIMUN
I went to challenge myself from what was left last year. Did nothing for last year, wasted my edusave money. It's like still $0 when I last called the edusave hotline today for fun. But well, I felt really =D when I made that POI. 2 POIs. (: Sometimes still think about how shaky and happy I was when I sat down.
6) Aceh
I said it once and Im saying it again. God's healing power comes at the right time!

Last year a spider came to let me kill, this year a beetle did the same. May my phobia of insects be gone. It really feels disgusting and upsetting to have to crush their bodies. )=
Resolutions.. that requires time to think.

May all have a blessed 2008! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home