Friday, September 05, 2008

heartstring

I think I've overanalysed Market Structure..
I could almost burn a hole through it.



Sophia and her buddy (:


Our buddies for our service learning: the heartstrings walk. I can't express how meaningful I felt the whole programme was. Each of us was paired up with a buddy from this organisation that I can't remember what's it called. Before the whole thing, I thought we were chaperoning children. Our buddies are intellectually disabled so I guess all of us were quite nervous because we didn't have prior experience. I think it's quite a new experience.. and I remember when I asked my buddy, Jaafar, if he felt Singapore was big. He replied yes. I don't know, it gave me a new perspective of things? How much we want to venture out.. but sometimes I wish I will not be ambitious (I think I'm less already) because I know I'm here not to build things that do not last. Yup. (:
I hope I brought joy to my buddy. I still remember that we countdown-ed for each other to take turn to hold the umbrella. He knows a bit of Chinese, you know. He'd say, "Xia yu (rain) going to stop."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home