Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cell retreat was a good time for me to reflect and talk to God. Though it was a short time span, I'm so amazed by how God can use the little time to speak to me through His word...
I was sharing with my cell group during worship about how we can get so caught up trying to go with our own ways, and how God can lead us if we'd only be willing to be led. You know most of the time when I share, these are the very things I struggle with too. So there I was, still feeling upset about my studies (as though that one lousy attempt should mark me down). There was this disappointment with God, but I know that it wasn't fair to Him because I did not let Him work. The scripture of the day's devotion was on Isaiah 50 and as I read, it was like everything within me went silent or something. I would say, I was happily speechless. In fact, God addressed all the unfair discontentment that I had with Him. It felt like God was asking me, "I called but you didn't answer. Did you think that I'm incapable of rescuing you?"
As I shared this with some friends after that, I began to see that we'd all like to glorify God with our studies. But if we do not involve Him, even if we do super well, what glory is that to Him? I believe that God would rather I commit my studies to Him, than to slog my whole life out and void of Him. And after all, God is sovereign and in control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home