Monday, December 11, 2006

over the rainbow (:

Hello! (: Yesterday went for church and they talked about fear factor. Some points to address to people out there:
1) God knows that we'd fear insults so this verse was there to encourage us: "Hear me, you who know what is right, you people who have my law in your hearts: Do not fear the reproach of men or be terrified by their insults. (Isaiah 51:7)
2) Fearing human is entrapping ourselves.
3) Even if the world forsakes us or turns against us, we know that "Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. (Psalm 27:10)
4) It's not the number of failures that lead us to success but the attitude that we have.
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Tim 1:7
So what do we do? (1) Seek God's presence (2) Cling on to God's promises (3) Wait for His deliverance.
------------------------------------------------------
Pastor shared with us a true story of this elderly woman who always prayed for her husband's salvation (accepting Christ). So there was this evangelical event and she asked him if he wanted to go. To her surprise, he agreed to go. (He had always rejected her invitation to go for church stuffs) But he never turned up for the event because he met with a car accident. So she wondered like "Why? Why is this happening when he has not responded to the Gospel yet?" But she continued to cling onto God's promises, which I think is a very difficult thing to do. 5 years later, this man came to look for her husband, not knowing that he has passed away. And you know what he told the woman. He said that he had hitched a ride from the husband and the husband told him that he was going for evangelical event. Thus, this guy shared the Gospel with him and the husband accepted Christ before meeting with the accident.
------------------------------------------------------
Such a touching story yeah? Yes, God does promise us things that can be seen in the Bible and we must have great faith to trust in Him. (: I'd try to.

So after church, went to eat with Sop and walked to Kovan to wait for Hz and Jas' arrival. Haha. Saw this really nice devotional book for students and I think I should buy it. (: Saw this really nice bag too. Ok, let's wait for money to roll in first. )= Sop left and I went to meet Hz and Jas. Walked arnd to find Cher's sis present. Easiest present to buy since Cher told us what to buy. Haha. Saw michelle (choir senior) too! We were super shocked to see each other. Haha. She's working at World of Sports. Er, went to KPT playground to meet Sam and his cousin and we went to Cher's house. On the way, saw RAINBOW!



Super nice can! I've never seen it for a longgg time. And because I've finally started on some serious Bible studying, I know that the rainbow is a covenant between God and Noah+ all life on Earth, whereby...

"I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." (Note: destroy all life, not some life to those who want to question about tsunami.) (Gen 9:15-16)

Back to walking to Cher's house. We played game of life and I won! Surprisingly. Haha. Then Cher's parents returned with alot of food. =D Haha. While eating, me and sam"Ohmytian"-ed when the Chen Wei Lian got into Top 10 and we also bet who will win using drinks. Man, I drank alot. Cause' I kept losing. Haha. And I feel guilty for drinking.. )= But I was honest enough to tell Mum when I got home. Haha. Told her how I felt about sinning when I knew it's wrong to do so. Like taking God's mercy for granted. But nevertheless, talking is no use. I gonna learn to apply the theory into my life. Difficult, but I can do it with the Lord's strength. Yeah. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home