Saturday, December 02, 2006

OVER )=

I just have this really mixed up feeling after THIMUN's over.. Yeah it's over! )= I didnt really make close friends cause' I am anti-social. That's what I told my cell members and they laughed like it wasnt true.. Well, it is. When I meet new people I guess. And I didnt speak up in the end cause' (1) The chair didnt choose Ethiopia when I was ready, (2) The chair didnt choose Ethiopia when I was nervous, (3) The chair choose Ethiopia after I got pissed off by someone so I just told someone to ask her question. Aiyah, nevermind. I think it was a really good experience and Im so glad I persevered!
Ok, let me start from the beginning. We had our plenary session and the debate time for each reso was shorttttttt. Throughout the whole thing, (1) Janice was busy sending notes and entertaining my nonsense, (2) Sherilyn was busy shouting "point of privilege", (3) Ethel was busy asking us to speak, (4) I was busy laughing, scamming, writing on Janice's paper, understanding the reso and thinking of POIs. I dont know about Hoekin and JM, but I bet Jm's been sleeping throughout. Haha. =D No lar, she also thinking of POIs. Of the 6 resos, think 2 failed. The 2nd reso was the joke cause' it's about The International Year of Potato and the 4th reso on Western Sahara (Jan's committee) was hot topic. 6th reso was.. I dont even know what they were talking about but mainly they were angry cause' the chair didnt choose them throughout. This guy from Central African Republic even asked, with sarcasm I bet, if Central African Republic was truly recognized as UN member. Like.. wow. Haha. Then this guy stood up to say something when he wasnt allowed. This girl representing the organisation Interpol stood up and went like "Interpol is not going to support clause 2! Im not going to support this reso!" or something like that. Note: She's a girl! Super brave lar. But after that she apologized. This guy from Germany demanded an apology from the speaker at the podium which was Lithuania for saying "delegate of Germany is uneducated" and the Lithuania guy did apologize, but said that he still stand with his point or something. Haha. So drama can. But not really professional I feel. Some speakers against a reso even went up to say the reso was incomprehensive, not detailed, bleak, rubbish, useless etc. So some fought back by saying "then how did it get into the plenary session". Haha. Ok, overall we were really enthu. So after the whole debate, we had our closing ceremony and the Chair played the piano! =D He's super pro lar. Play the piano super fast. The hands move like vibration like that. So shuai desneh.
Ok, so I shall end off by saying we have gotten the 'slang' disease due to listening to the rich-in-english accent for 4 days. Haha. Also learnt to be patient and slow to anger. (Slow to anger not equals to tolerance ok.) Er, at first dont want to go THIMUN ever again. But now thinking.. I want to go. Haha. Conquer my fears and do better next time. =D I want to go Netherlands! But it's 8000 bucks and Mr Lim say if want to go then must go debate also. )=
So I've been getting comments from Ms Tan that I seem to have alot of fears and Mr Lim says I want to get the perfect question then I'd go and POI people. Why is it such a sad and ugly truth? )=

*Lord, mould me to be more like You.


Me and Janice (:


We were inspired by the guy in the second picture above us. =D


Made Hoekin pose and he listened! Herherx.




Ethiopia, the sad country under our hands cause we fought for nothing.


Our THIMUN badge.
All the NV MUN-ers (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home