Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The difference is that the real Christian will recognize his or her mistake and come to God for forgiveness. The hypocrite or "fake" Christian isn't concerned about sin in his or her life. Who knows why he or she goes to church or hangs out with other believers? It isn't to draw closer to God.
Sometimes it's really hard to tell the difference between these two types of people, but you know what? That's not your job.
In this parable Jesus affirms that, yes, there will be true believers and false believers. But Jesus also tells us that when this world is over and He comes back, He will sort out the good and the bad.
Assuming you're one His genuine followers, Jesus told us what our job is: "Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples" (John 13:34-35, NLT). -NotReligion Insights (1)

Think of the treasure as His people, buried in the field of the world, lost, forgotten, and unredeemed. A pearl hidden among the trash of a sinful world.
Then Jesus finds us and with His own life He purchases the world so we can belong to Him. That's right, you're a valuable treasure, purchased by Jesus, a precious pearl that He values above all else. You're now part of the Kingdom of Heaven. -NotReligion Insights (2)
--------------------------------------------------

The previous two insights had been based on the topic: Love. Be it love for family, friends etc. And I think the two articles really spoke to me. I had been thinking of stuff like some christians who may not be following Christ and the first article told me that it's not my job to judge them (in my case, I feel disappointed) or what. And I felt relieved to see that message. And I will also learn to love others, even though sometimes they make me feel like grinding my teeth. Haha. The second one just simply made me feel so.. wow-ed. I had been a person living under sin's authority but now that I am a child of God, I have perfect liberty! (:

I may be dropping out of VI. Cant find the time to really concentrate on all the things at hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home