Monday, December 10, 2007

Im back from camp. (: Hobbi saya tidur (my hobby is sleeping) so I need sleep badly now.

The camp was quite different, cause' it's a YPM camp so the age group ranges from P5 to working adults. And basically they mix all age groups together to bond us.
First day, very fun. The Aceh troopers were so excited. We were like, "Wah, we're back here again." I miss Aceh alot already. Anyway, at first I felt very weird lor. I can't really link with the people. And I lack this patience and love for younger kids, which I told myself solemnly never to serve in Children's ministry or I'd be the one driving them crazy. This camp is full of travelling cause' no preaching allowed in the campsite. The guest pastor, Pastor Glenn Lim, really looks like Andy Lau. But anyway, he's a really anointed speaker. Night games was like fun and quite crazy. We got really dirty. There was this ice-cream game whereby we are to lie down and feed the other person lying opposite you. So you don't really know where his/her mouth is. Some aimed at the ear and stuff. Just imagine melted ice cream in your ear. Cool. Haha! Basically, the games were very original and innovative. (:
Second day, I prayed for love for people younger. I felt so much better that day. We played 3-legged captain ball in the rain. Very fun. (: It's been so long since I soaked myself in the rain. Had the telematch. It was probably my first time making those card pyramids so I guess my performance was not bad for a beginner. Haha.
Word was really great. Pastor showed us a video clip of Passion of The Christ. At first I thought wont impact me much cause' I've watched it before. But well, the unexpected came. I have taken Christ's love for me on the cross for granted. I realised.. Jesus has given His all for me. He bore the cross which I was supposed to bear. Just thinking about it makes me feel so.. amazed by His love. Really really amazed. Thank You Lord for You love me so so much. I made a personal covenant with Christ, which I want to keep.
Pastor was very witty. He said there are two kinds of Christians.. The "dog" Christian says, "My Master is so good! He sayang me, he feed me, He must be God!" The "cat" Christian says, "My Master is so good! He sayang me, he feed me, I must be God!

Okay, I shan't share much more. Overall, the camp was good. But I guess I would like to ask, is it too much to commit to God, is it too much to do things for Him, when He has given His all willingly for each and every one of us? Thank God for He bore the cross for me.
I just came across this. In the dictionary, to bear= to support the weight of. Just imagine, He took the weight of the world on His shoulders for a pluto (small, insignificant to people) person like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home