Thursday, September 17, 2009

If you can't find nice books, go find Max Lucado. He can be really witty in what he say and I never get bored of his books. I can't quite put an excerpt here else he might sue me though. )= But I guess I can briefly describe.
----------------------------------------------------------------

He first described two scenes of a boy building sandcastles and a man in the business world building on his career. Both with a few similarities- making something out of nothing, really determined and hardworking. For the boy, he knew the waves would come, and he claps his hands as he sees the waves draw near. But the man, he hovers over his 'sandcastle' and defiantly says 'it's mine'.

"The ocean need not respond. Both know to whom the sand belongs."

Left on his hands are the remains. Had he listened- not that no one has told him. All things cease to an end someday.

Lucado ends the story with these lines, "Go ahead and build, but build with a child's heart. When the sun sets and the tides take-applaud. Salute the process of life, take your father's hand, and go home."

------------------------------------------------------------

We take pride in our studies and work. I do. But everytime we need to remind ourselves that God, our Creator, is the one who enable us to study and to work. I remember during the Block Test 1 period, I kept thinking, "Why do I have to study?" And Joe told me that God gave me my brain cells and made my role now a student (if I may add, and a child of God always).
May we learn how to hold things loosely-- putting excellence in our work and yet committing our plans to God-- so that we will not be building treasures only here on earth. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home