Friday, October 06, 2006

"The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are oppressed," (Luke 4:18)
I came across this Bible verse and many thoughts came into my mind.
(1) Yes, indeed, people are like captives. Captives of the devil, of sin, of worldly things. Like some people are living their lives without a purpose, who have suicidal thoughts just because they hate their lives and who live for others. Kind of sad yeah. I mean, is this kind of life what we should be seeking for? I used to be leading this kinda life. Empty, no purpose, hatred, envy, anything. (Yes I do still envy, but Im trying to stop. (: I mean, God has blessed me with so much, why do I even need to envy people?) And it was because of the Lord, I was called out of darkness into his marvelous light. (:
I do know that my life still hasn't been one that God is pleased with, one that people like to judge and say "Oh no, she's a christian. And she does that?" I mean, hey, Im imperfect too. But Im consistently trying to be a better me, a better child that God is pleased with.
(2) It's difficult to talk to people about God. I mean like people might think Im some religious freak or what. Haha. But sometimes I wish to tell people straightforward that when they are like totally down, hurt, disappointed, happy, anything, there's this God who is totally there for us, who loves us, who never fails. So what are you waiting for? People tend to have the misconception that religion is just something. Like "Yeah, with it or not I'm still way alive." But have you thought of the future? What if one day you really cant hold on and commit suicide? What if the day of judgment comes and you dont even have an idea what is happening? You can like totally collapse and see if the worldly things are there for you lar. See if all your friends and whatsoever people are there. I bet they cant even help themselves up without Him. So here comes the difficult part. I urge that you hesitate no more and accept Him as your saviour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home