Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Today was super hollow day. Let me spill my thoughts here. I feel that I always give my very best in most choir practices. And I feel that the Altos at the front aint really giving their best. Perhaps sometimes, when they feel the threat of other choirs arnd. But it just feels like you tell them 10 times to hold a note and they do it once. And you get really happy about it, but after that they dont do it anymore. Sometimes I tell myself it's because they are younger, the minds still not that.. how to say.. serious? And sometimes I think "Hey.. what if they do put in effort? Or maybe they want to but they are facing some difficulty or what.." And sometimes I think that some of em are complacent. They make mistakes and dont take it as a big deal. I have no idea. Im just.. I know that they have the ability to do it. But somehow never do it. Which is pretty foolish. And short charging emselves. Talking about reading scores, I feel guilty. I should start cherishing these last 8 days. Read and apply like crazy. Sometimes it can get really stressful when you're singing. There's alot of thinking: recalling what Mr Liew says and stuff. Mind-wrecking.
But I still remember what Joe said. About high expectations for self and others. Can get really irritated if your expectations are not met. And so that leads to me having to adjust my thinking. Yup.
To my dearest Huichin: Sorry for snapping at you during class. )=

I asked God a question that day. If He had any expectations of me. He replied something really. Wow. "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Col3:23 What my cell has memorised! =D And the whole sunday I was like mugging like mad. Even though it lasted for one day (haha!), I want to continue mugging today! =D

Mum wants to go out. And asks me. My typical reply is "Do I have the time?" Actually if I really want, I can fork the time out. But things are like Sat: Choir, Church, Sun: Mug. (And friday used to be debates.. )= ) I must learn to cherish people and things more.

Have no doubt and go head on.

Praise Him- for the weary finds rest in Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home