Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I just have to say it here, Sophia has been my encouragement today. (:

Well, I'm just so glad I managed to get myself to wake up and head for school today. It was a relatively short day and I really enjoyed school. Really sorry that I couldn't join CG for lunch. I need some time to let my cough heal.
It always feel so great to be in God's presence. Always reminded of His promises, peace and joy fill my heart. No space for fear and worry. (: That is what I can say about spending time talking to Him. No wonder Psalm 84:10 says, "Better is one day in Your courts than thousand elsewhere..."

Well, today, I was reflecting on some things and my family came into my mind. I guess it has been a long walk for both my parents. From when they got married without much knowledge of each other to now, it has been indeed a tough journey. I can't really relate to it, but I can see that the family was once filled with unrest and quarrels, but now I can really say there is this peace and closeness that dwells among us. I'm just so amazed by the fact that Mum got to know Christ through a just-below-us neighbour (once a stranger to us). And how grateful I am that she brought me to know this wonderful Father who really cares for everything about me and around me. I remember the time when I went back to church and (this time) really grew in Christ.. and my Dad told me, "I see a change in your temper and you have become more sensible." It's just so so encouraging, especially at that time he was still a little hesitant about accepting Christ. I realised the importance of being a good testimony too. I can't say that I don't make mistakes still. But it's really amazing to see people changed by Christ, and to see yourself changed in Him too!
You may not get the result you expect Him to do, but peace He will definitely give to you. That depends on whether you want to receive it. John 14:27 (NASB) Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

O Levels official release is on 21st Jan. Well, I'm not really worried i think. I'm currently in the you-give-me-what-i-go-what mood. I only can't wait to see teachers (esp Mr Aw, Mr Lim, Ms Chen) and the oh-so-familiar after-school lunch. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home