Friday, January 18, 2008

let me not be shaken

These past few days have been quite fun. (: Just that I get tired very easily. I have no idea why, but sometimes when I just wake up in the morning, I'd just fall asleep while sitting up. And history tutorials just make me wanna sleep even though I really wanted to listen to what the tutor was saying. It's like my eyes close involuntarily and my head jerk for more than ten times. Like just now, I was just on the MRT just wanting to rest my eyes and I fell asleep. And alas, hello to Friday late nights and sleepy weekend noon..
I really miss teachers. Like just now I was taking the LRT and hoping to see Mr Lim the diplomat.. Haha.

Wednesday (16th)
Cross country run. My friends wanted to walk and I ran cause' I dont really want to go all the way to East Coast just to slack. Haha. It just feels so great after a run. Then went for lunch with Juicy and headed for ice skating with CG. Man! First time ice skating in my whole entire life. It's like very fun. First time I got into that rink, I was like grabbing hold of the bar for my dear life. Then Nicholas taught some of us the basics. Gradually I managed to ice-skate a little further w/o holding on to the bar. And there is this place where there's no bar cause they reserve an area for coaching those kids. Everytime I reach there I'd just wait for my CG members to come and 'send' me across. And I'm very sad for CG members who had to hold my hands or even get near me. Because I practically grab their shirts or their hands and scream. Then later, I mustered my courage (and I don't know it came from where) and went across alone. I was like, "Looyee, you siao ar. Later go halfway stuck in the middle how. Or later you fall down even better. Let everyone laugh." But well, I went pass 2 times and I was so proud of myself lar. I kept muttering Proverbs 3:5,6 under my breath. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." And when Nicholas asked, "You go across by yourself ar?" I was like, "Yah!" (: I'm kinda getting the hang of it now. It's like... really fun! Especially when you fall down and your butt's all wet. (:

Headed with Tsao Hui to Ajisen, the horrible place. I have very bad memories at Japanese restaurants.. but just so funny. (: Anyway, we talked alot. About school cultures and stuff. Somehow this word 'culture' has been appearing around these few days. Well, I just felt that SA tutors were kinda sucky, but she pointed out that other places may have worse ones. Which is a good point made. I keep telling myself not to determine my performance by the tutor that I have. Most importantly still, is my passion for whatever I'm studying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home