Sunday, June 01, 2008

truly personal

I grew to realise that God allowed me to know. There must be a reason. Somehow, I felt reassured by Jeremiah 29:11,

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Don't settle for what you think is good, but wait for God's best for you. (: I guess even as His plans unfold for us, sometimes we will feel so unhappy, so unexcited cause' it's not what we want. But think about it, if the one directing our steps is God who is always in control, who has helped us thus far (1 Sam 7:12), should we not be excited that there will truly be greater things in store for us? (:

I just came back from SFC camp, motivated and refreshed. It was really fun and meaningful. This time, we learnt more about calling. I encountered God very personally during the camp. Pastor prayed for us individually. And God did not just say, "Looyee, I'm going to give you this this that that." Instead, He reassured me, knowing that I was afraid and feeling inadequately equipped. God is a God who truly understands how we feel. He doesn't disregard it. He comforts us.

May this post allow you to know more about who this God is. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home