Monday, December 01, 2008

the bus arrived

It has always been quite easy for me to share within my cell what I think, but the issue that got on with me that day was a little different. It was an irritant that has been clinging on to me for a while. Perhaps you can call it sense-of-unworthiness/put-yourself-down.
I really thank God that He got my attention to this problem. After all, I have been putting it off, either acting in ignorance or denial. Hah.
When Joe was talking to me about my habit of putting guilt upon myself, I can't stop thinking about what a teacher of mine told me before. It had hurt me a lot that I had disappointed the teacher because I was always putting myself down.
And I kept questioning myself while I was waiting for my bus which took quite a long time. Why, why does it keep clinging on, and it hurts so much, will it ever go. Something then hit my mind. Now, it can just leave now. All these horrible feelings and the habit that I'm so entangled with. The 'bus' (to live freely) had arrived 2000 years ago. Jesus told me that I am cleansed, whiter than the snow in fact and that I am worthy.
Will you board the bus? That's the step of faith that we have to take.

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home